Filing Bug Reports, Contributions, and Feature Requests¶
Whether you need to report a bug, suggest new features, or give us feedback, make sure to follow the instructions on this page. This will allow us to respond as quickly as possible.
If you should encounter a bug, please follow the instructions below for reporting. The more detailed and reproducible you example is, the more quickly it can be fixed.
- Ensure that your code is up-to-date by pulling the latest code from GitHub.
- Check if anyone else has reported the same bug. If a similar bug has been reported, make sure to mention this in your report.
- Include important information for reproducing the bug, like your operating system, your version of python, etc.
- Although it is not always possible, it is helpful if you can provide a script to exactly reproduce this bug.
- If you fixed the bug, please consider submitting a pull request with the change.
- If possible, use the bug label for the GitHub issue.
- Finally, use the template for issues and reports located here.
If you think there is a feature that would greatly improve functionality or usability, consider filing an issue for it on GitHub. A good feature request will answer the following questions:
- What is this feature and how is it used?
- Is this feature useful for most users? Why?
- Should this be a feature (i.e., fully integrated into the main code base) or an add-on?
- If possible, use the enhancement label for the GitHub issue.
- Lastly, follow the template for issues found here.
If documentation is unclear, please file an issue on GitHub, but follow these instructions:
- Make sure to follow the the proper protocol for filing issues as listed above, but, if possible, use the question label for the GitHub issue.
- As with any issue, use the template for filing GitHub issues found here.